Xtra-Cal Herbalife Advanced
Xtra-Cal is a daily calcium supplement, providing over 100% of your RDA of calcium required for the maintenance of healthy bones and teeth.
• Helps maintain healthy bones and teeth
• Contains over 100% of your calcium RDA per serving – to help you meet your daily calcium requirements
• Rich in vitamin D, essential for calcium absorption and needed for proper muscle function
• Also contains magnesium, copper, maganese and zinc
Calcium Supplement Tablets plus Vitamins, additional Minerals and Herbs Xtra-Cal™ (magnesium calcium supplement) is loaded with the most concentrated form of Calcium available and can assist in the prevention of Osteoporosis. Several other specially chosen vitamins, minerals and herbs have been included to benefit skeletal health by providing nourishment for the bones.
Calcium provides protection and promotes healthy bones. Xtra-Cal (magnesium calcium supplement) gives you calcium plus other nutrients essential to the maintenance of your skeletal system.
Xtra-Cal (magnesium calcium supplement) is a unique nutritional supplement that can provide the calcium needed for strong, healthy bones. Our special formula includes Vitamin D, essential for calcium absorption, together with other nutritional factors and herbs. It’s also free from salt, artificial colour and sugar.
It is possible, that by the time you are 50, you may have lost as much
as 25% of your bone mass due to Osteopenia and Osteoporosis.
Did you know…
• The entire skeleton of an adult is replaced every 7-10 years.
• The calcium content of the body weighs around 1.5kg, 99% of which is in the bones and teeth. The remaining 1% has such an important function in the body that when deficiency arises, it is taken from the bones.
• Regular exercise stimulates and strengthens the bones.
- What causes Osteoporosis and how can you help prevent it?
- Isn’t calcium easy to obtain from the diet?
- When does calcium begin to ‘reduce’?
- What is the significance of calcium and vitamin D?
- Key Ingredient Properties
- Recommended Use
What causes Osteoporosis and how can you help prevent it? Studies suggest that the main culprits are high non-dairy protein diets, excessive coffee, or lack of calcium. Protein is an acid forming substance. When there is an excess of acid, the body tries to neutralise it with alkaline agents (calcium and sodium), which then reduces the body’s alkaline reserves. To become less susceptible to Osteoporosis, cut down coffee intake to two cups a day, exercise for 30 minutes every other day and ensure calcium intake is adequate (at least 800 mg daily).
Isn’t calcium easy to obtain from the diet? It should be, but unfortunately, coffee and alcohol rob the body of calcium. High fat and excessive fibre can inhibit the absorption of calcium. ‘Yo-Yo’ dieting and irregular eating can also affect calcium intake.
When does calcium begin to ‘reduce’? Repair and renewal of our bones is a constant process whether we are asleep or awake. Adults reach peak bone mass in their late twenties. After this point, the bone mass has a tendency to reduce gradually and steadily with age.
What is the significance of calcium and vitamin D? Only about 20-30% of calcium is actually absorbed from the diet, while the rest is naturally excreted. Vitamin D is an essential aid to Calcium absorption.
Key Ingredient Properties*:
- Calcium – The most abundant mineral in the body, providing strength for the skeleton. In addition to this major function calcium is important in nerves and muscles.
- Vitamin A – Necessary for proper vision at night. Needed for correct bone development and growth.
- Vitamin D – Helps maintain strong and healthy bones by improving the body’s ability to absorb calcium.
- Vitamin E – Antioxidant; helps prevents oxidation of vitamin A and increases its effectiveness. Needed for the health of the heart.
- Vitamin C – Antioxidant; helps white blood cells fight infection. Needed for healthy skin. Helps the body absorb iron from non-meat sources.
- Magnesium – Central to energy release and the functioning of the nerves and muscles; plays a role in bone structure.
- Zinc – Needed for healthy reproductive and immune systems. Also required for tissue repair and renewal.
- Copper – Component (with zinc and manganese) of an antioxidant enzyme system. Needed for melanin formation and iron metabolism.
- Manganese – Component (with zinc and copper) of an antioxidant enzyme system. Needed for healthy bones and nervous system.
- Betaine HCL and Glutamic Acid HCL – Amino acids which also assist in the break down and digestion of foods in the stomach (such as fibrous meat).
- Horsetail – also known as Equisetum, an herb that is rich in silicon, a trace mineral recognised as contributing to proper bone development.
Recommended Use As a food supplement take one tablet two times daily with meals. This is a 30 to 40 day supply.
Label Information: Xtra-Cal™ (magnesium calcium supplement) – Calcium Supplement Tablets Plus Vitamins, Additional Minerals and Herbs.
Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Anti-caking agents: (E551, E570, E572), Thickening Agent (E466): Vitamin E, Vitamin C, horsetail powder, Zinc Gluconate, Betaine HCL, Glutamic Acid HCL, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Calcium Citrate, Magnesium Citrate, Copper sulfate, Vitamin A acetate, sarsaporilla root powder, Kelp powder, licorice root powder, Spirulina powder, Ergocalciferol and dialpha tacopheryl acetate, coating: sodium carboxymethylcellulose, glycerine;dibasic dihydrate. Xtra-Cal is a unique nutritional supplement that can provide the calcium needed for strong, healthy bones. Our special formula includes Vitamin D, essential for calcium absorption, together with other nutritional factors and herbs. It’s also free from salt, artificial colour and sugar.